STAGING AVON OHIO HOMES TO SELL | AVON LAKE STAGED LISTINGS
BAY VILLAGE REAL ESTATE SALES | SELLING NORTH RIDGEVILLE HOMES
WESTLAKE OHIO HOUSES FOR SALE | LORAIN COUNTY HOME SALES
STAGING FAIRVIEW PARK HOMES TO SELL | SELLING AMHERST OH HOMES
SELLING SHEFFIELD LAKE HOMES | STAGING OLMSTED FALLS HOMES TO SELL
Increasing Your Home's Appeal...
Make Your Home Look Like a Model, Even if it Isn't!
Once your home goes on the market, it becomes a product. Home Styling or Staging simply allows you to highlight the best of your home and de-emphasize its flaws. It's not about decorating, but actually turning your home into a model, to appeal to the broadest range of prospective buyers. The goal is to make people feel like they could live there, and the best way to do this is to "neutralize" the surroundings. Remember the 60-second rule: That's all the time you have to create a winning first impression. Here is a checklist of some simple but significant ways to maximize your home's appeal:
* Keep the grass cut and remove all yard clutter.
* Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds.
* Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
* Tighten and clean all door handles.
* Clean windows inside and out.
* Powerwash home's exterior, including the concrete areas, the driveway, walkways, and patio.
* Ensure all gutters and downspouts are firmly attached and functioning.
* Paint the front door, and stain/seal the deck.
* Buy a new welcome mat.
* Place potted flowers near the front door.
* Evaluate the furniture in each room and remove anything that interrupts "the flow" or makes the room appear smaller. Consider renting a storage unit to move items off-site.
* Clean and organize cabinets, closets and bookshelves.
* Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
* Shampoo carpets, and upholstery to freshen their look and remove any latent odors.
* Remove excessive wall hangings and knick-knacks.
* Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
* Make minor repairs (torn screens, sticking doors, cracked caulking).
* Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
* Replace worn cabinet and door knobs.
* Fix or replace discolored grout.
* Replace broken tiles.
* Replace worn countertops.
Special details for showings
* Turn on all the lights.
* Open all drapes and shutters in the daytime.
* Keep pets secured outdoors.
* Buy new towels for bathrooms.
* Buy new bedding for bedrooms.
* Replace old lamps or lampshades.
* Play quiet background music.
* Light the fireplace or clean out the ashes and light a candelabrum.
* Infuse home with a comforting scent, such as apple spice or vanilla.
* Set the dining room table for a fancy dinner party.
* Vacate the property while it is being shown.